Are you a Dental Phobic?
Take the test to find out.
Find A Dentist Near You Start Here

Expert answers

We know how daunting dental treatment can be. Our Dental Phobia certified experts are here to help ease your mind before treatment by answering your questions.

If I want Wand treatment or sedation will I have to go private, or can I have it on the NHS?


is it only private practices that offers things like the wand and sedation as I absolutely hate needles to the point where I’d rather not have them, or do you know of any NHS practices that do so? I live in manchester and am looking for a sedation dentist to take out my wisdom teeth, which are killing me! I am willing to travel further in the north west if i was required to do so.
Any information you can give would be brilliant

thank you

Hi, I can see your distress of needles is very apparent! I would suggest you ask your dentist to refer you to the Dental Hospital as they will have people who can help you on the NHS there.
If you donot have a regular dentist you may be able to get in though their dental emergency department in the dental hospital iif you are in pain – you would just need to attend, explain the problem and wait for someone who could see you.

Good luck

Dr SimonNery

Answer provided by: Dr Jennifer Pinder Retired
Copyright 2024 Dental Phobia | GDC | Last updated: July 2024 Website design by The Fresh