Are you a Dental Phobic?
Take the test to find out.
Find A Dentist Near You Start Here

Expert answers

We know how daunting dental treatment can be. Our Dental Phobia certified experts are here to help ease your mind before treatment by answering your questions.

I need help to get to the dentist again after a bad experience

Im in need of dental treatment  after I had a stroke because of a bad reation to IV sedation a few years ago. Since then I’m terrified to go and get my teeth treated. I want my top set of teeth out, but obviously I need an expert opinion. I would like to know what or where should I go to start the process for the treatment? Thanks for your time and for your help.

I think that with your medical history you have some options
1. Have the teeth out under a local anaesthetic .
2 If you need to have some form of anxiety control to get them out , then a referral to a hospital dental department or dental hospital would be advised I think . You will need to get a referral through a General dental practitioner

Answer provided by: Dr Jennifer Pinder Retired
Copyright 2024 Dental Phobia | GDC | Last updated: July 2024 Website design by The Fresh